Monday, August 20

Ankle Boots: Demystified

Ankle boots are still hot for fall, but many people are not quite ready to give in to some of the season's cutest footwear. They can be pretty daunting, but once you figure out the mystery behind the baby boot, it's going to take some Sherlock Holmes work to keep you away!

Skinny Jeans:



I have thighs, therefore, I don't have skinny jeans. But if you can rock them, throw on a pair of ankle boots while you're at it! I love these JC Penney booties for $69.99, and they would go perfectly with either a cropped motorcycle jacket or a flirty top. Hardcore!




Knit Dress:



The knit dress and ankle boot trend is so incredibly hot for fall, but bare legs and ankle boots are pretty much a no-no, unless you're a supermodel. It usually takes tall, thin legs to carry these babies off with ease, and thankfully, opaque tights give this illusion! And even if you are a supermodel, who couldn't use a little help every so often? Invest in a good pair NOW, if you haven't already!




Payless, $29.99

PS; Buy in black or grey!


Be careful when thinking of pairing ankle boots with short shorts or a minidress without tights. Ankle boots can easily go wrong, don't let the hoochie effect happen to you!

No, no Miss Lohan!

Peace,

The Wannabe

6 comments:

Mandee said...

i love the ankle boots! I wish i could pull them off. love your blog by the way!

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog here! Speaking of which, don't know if you've already heard about it but this site is amazing!

http://www.rodeodriveresale.com/articles_press

Keep up the good work!
Mimzie
www.mimzie.blogspot.com

kookla@work said...

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know about your blog. I love it!

BTW: I am kicking myself for throwing out all my ankle boots from 10 years ago. I was sure they would never come back in style,

cranberry said...

hello! thanks for the invite. Wandered over here for a butchers and I'm LOL'ing over here at Lohan's hootchie effect.

But tell me, is the low rise boot cut still in? For I shan't ever let those go. ^_^

shoeaddict said...

I'm a fan of the ankle boot.

Hope you visit again at my place

Jessica O'Brien said...

haha love the Lohan comment. I jumped on this trend last year and is happy to see it continued as I didn't use my ankle boots to their full potential yet! I like pairing 'em with a feminine dress to give it a bit of edge.