Thursday, August 23

Back to School

I'm about to go "back-to-school" shopping with my mom, as cheesy as that sounds. It's been a tradition that dates back to pre-school, but now that I'm older I have a $100 or under limit. Hey, it's also my birthday present, so it's really not that pathetic that mum is still buying my clothes!

So, as I enter my junior year of college, I wonder: What should I be wearing? It's a question many growing-ups have to ask in the transition from high school sweats to 3-piece suits.

Or McDonald's uniforms.

So ladies, here are my ideas for growing up up the wardrobe. On a budget!





The wide-leg jeans from Alloy totally cater to the hot Hollywood trend. While I'm not one to hop on bandwagons, I've tried on a pair, and they really are flattering! Plus, with my 37" inseam (true story! I'm 5'11 and alll leg) I'm all for Alloy sizes at the perfect price to try a trend, $31.60 for my size. Make 'em hot, hot, hotter with Steve Madden's bright color pointy-toe pumps peeking underneath, on sale for $29.99. To tone the look down, choose bright flats over heels. Tuck in a crisp, white shirt from Forever21 for $19.80 and strut your fine booty to the head of the class.





My school was voted #1, 2 and 5 party school in the nation for a reason (I'll let you guess which school!)- we need a reason to show off our cute outfits! Although I hate to link Forever21 twice in one blog, I can't even tell you how much adore this black sequin knit dress for $19.80. But it's a bit plain on it's own, so I added edgy purple leggings (until I can find teal ones! do you know any good ones?) from Target for $5. Throwing on ankle boots would look entirely too trendy with this look, so I'll keep it low-key with these metallic skimmers from Urban Outfitters for $29.99, on sale from $125. Sequins should serve as accessories enough, no need for anything but a headband, $2.99 from Wet Seal. Now, get your party on! I mean.. go study!

ps; Check out my latest fashion blog fav, Birdie Butters!

Peace,

The Wannabe

5 comments:

ryssee said...

Nice job, you're gonna look great!
Thanks for the comment on my blog-I love looking for clothes and ideas!

Jade Strange said...

I found the same outfit/slightly cuter

Skipper Blouse $22.80 @ forever21
Ciara wide-leg jeans $22.80 @ forever21

And those Steve Madden pumps :) It's a cute 'fit definatley!

RiNNE said...

Cool blog and cool stuff!! Thanks for visiting my blog!

The Wannabe said...

Jade: The link for the top didn't work, but I adore the inexpensive jeans! I just wish my inseam would comply ;D

Jade Strange said...

I don't know what happened to it. I can't find it anywhere on the site anymore.

the closest thing to it is this
Rhinestone Blouse